The MissTravel site is designed for members to initiate contact with each other. This means that users are advised to use their best judgment to screen potential travel partners. Additionally, when traveling to unfamiliar destinations, we advise users to remain aware of their surroundings at all times.
Please consider the following safety tips:
Keep Friends & Family Updated
- Always let your family or friends know where you are going and with whom you are traveling.
- Upon arrival of your destination, we advise contacting relatives and friends to let them know you are safe.
- Share your hotel information with an emergency contact.
- Additionally, share your safety contact’s information with the hotel front desk, that way the hotel can immediately reach out to someone close to you in the case of an emergency event.
- Give your family or friends a copy of the passport and contact information (if possible) of the person you are traveling with.
- If you are residing at a private residence for the duration of your stay, email, text, and verbally share the address with friends and family in case of emergency.
Meeting Someone Abroad
- Verify that all flight and hotel reservations are in your name to ensure that you have complete control over your travel.
- Use your best judgement when meeting with travel companions. Try to meet in a public location and take time to acclimate yourself with your travel partner.
- Never travel out of the country or to a different city to meet someone you are not familiar with.
- Whenever possible, meet someone for the first time in your home city before deciding to travel with them.
- Once you arrive and meet your travel companion, contact your relatives or friends to let them know you landed safely.
TIP: Ensuring that your location is communicated by more than one means will pay off should a situation arise where one form of access is not available.
Join Now—It’s Free To Try, and 100% for Women