Accompanying someone on their travels is the clearly the most popular choice on MissTravel. However, many members wonder when the appropriate time is to visit another single’s hometown. Given that hometown trips generally reveal more intimate details, a certain level of trust has to first be established. Here are some telltale signs to determine whether “Show me Your Town” is an ideal choice:
- You have a place to stay other than their home.
- You have participated in at least 2-3 video conversations to confirm their identity and gauge their general personality.
- You and your generous date have both established boundaries and expectations.
- You have conducted a background check through the site, as well as a general Google search.
- He/she already gave you the return flight. The last thing you want is an incompatible date and no way to get back home.
Do Not Visit When…
- He/she does not currently have a job. Chances are that they live with their parents.
- He/she will not buy you a separate hotel room.
- He/she avoids video chatting and will only speak via e-mail or phone.
- He/she subtly hints at expecting “something” in return for paying for the costs of your trip.
- He/she has not established an itinerary or is very vague about what you two will during your visit.
What are some other ways to determine whether you should visit their hometown?