Chances are, if you open a PEOPLE magazine or read any entertainment blog this week, you will be seeing pictures of celebrities in their North Face jackets and custom made Uggs, traipsing up Main Street in Park City, UT. The Sundance Film Festival is always a star-studded event, bringing out the best and brightest stars (and even some reality stars) to the sleepy mountain town for a week of parties, swag events and indie films. But you don’t have to be a celebrity to go to Sundance. In fact, the Sundance Film Festival is the perfect winter destination date. And if you have to go for work anyway, why not bring a lovely travel companion along with you?
I went to Sundance a few years ago with my girlfriends and we had the time of our lives. We met Macaulay Culkin at Main Street Pizza & Noodle, set behind Sarah Jessica Parker at the premiere of Matthew Broderick’s indie film, Diminished Capacity, and got a few runs in at Park City Mountain Resort. Later that night we went to a few clubs and was thisclose to seeing Justin Timberlake perform at a private event. If you have the chance to go on a date, I would definitely consider the offer.
This year’s most talked about films:
1. jOBS: Starring Ashton Kutcher as the legendary, late co-Founder of Apple.
2. Mud: Starring Matthew Mcconaughey and Reese Witherspoon.
3. Lovelace: Starring Amanda Seyfried and co-starring and directed by James Franco.
4. The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman: Starring Shia Labeouf and Evan Rachel Wood.
5. Prince Avalanche: Starring Paul Rudd and Emile Hirsch.
6. Stoker: Starring Nicole Kidman.
7. Don John’s Addiction: Directed by and starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Scarlett Johansson.
8. A.C.O.D- Starring Amy Poehler and Adam Scott.
To learn more about these films, when and where they’re showing, and how to get tickets: click here. Park City also has three fabulous ski resorts with some of the greatest snow on earth. The resorts in Park City are specifically known for providing a certain level of luxury to its guests, frequently visited by the likes of Bruce Willis, Celine Dion and Ryan Seacrest. And despite what you might have heard about drinking in Utah, Utah has some of the best selections of microbrews in the country. So don’t be afraid to try a cold-destination-date, it might be an experience you will never forget!